Sunday, June 16, 2019

The Collective

So, in my last post, I mentioned 'The Collective". This is the name that Ed has given to myself and my sisters when we are all together. Let me tell you a bit bout the members of the "collective".

In order of age (oldest to youngest)

Sue- Sister Sue is the oldest member of the collective. She is not, however, the wisest. Although she would have you think so... She is pretty good at making people believe she knows what she is talking about, so she does have that particular set of skills.

Mary-  Crazy Sister Mary. Her name says is all. She's crazy. But the good kind of crazy. Like the "I'm pretty mellow until you mess with my kids, grand kids, sisters or brothers" kind of crazy. She also spends an inordinate amount of time cleaning things. Not sure why.

Brenda- Me. You already know more about me than you probably want or need to.

Melissa- Mel Mel, Mellio, Missquisha She is the "crafty" one. She can make some pretty cool stuff, but she can also come up with a pretty devious plan if needed. Keep an eye on her. She's tricky

Rebecca- Beckatang. That's all I'm gonna say.

When Ed coined the phrase "The Collective" he also informed me that there are a couple of "rules" that must be followed when dealing with the Collective

1.   Never look the collective directly in the eyes. It's like Medusa, only with sarcasm

2. Always have chocolate nearby when the collective is getting together.

3. Whatever you do, NEVER take the side of one member of the collective against another member. The one whose side you have taken will turn on you faster than a fat kid at a bake shop. Then the ENTIRE Collective will chew you up and spit you out.

4. Always agree with whatever the Collective says, does or wants. Even if it is illegal. And sometimes the line is pushed...or crossed....or erased.

When I reminded my dear husband that I was a member of the collective, he said "Oh, I am aware". And then he gave me some chocolate and walked away.


Good man.




No comments:

Post a Comment