Friday, February 27, 2009

Tundra Happenings

So, today I call Ed from work at my break (as per usual) and here's what happened:

Me: Hey Big Sexy, whatcha doin?

Ed: Working on Marge.(Anthostein's car)

Me; What's wrong with Marge?

Ed: The radiator shim (I THINK that's what he called it...who cares...) has to be replaced.

Me: Oh. Well where is the car now?

Ed:Here at the corner of Fairview and Florida. I called AAA and am gonna have them tow it home.

Me: It's that bad? When did it break on him?

Ed: Shortly after the brakes failed and the engine died. Right about the time he hit the telephone pole.

Me: WHAT??? Is he ok? IS anyone hurt? How bad is it?

Ed: He's fine. No one got hurt, and the pole is even ok.

Me: Wow. Are you sure he's ok?

Ed: Yeah. He was only going like 20 when he hit. Once the brakes failed, then the engine died, the steering locked up and he hit the pole cuz the car pulls to the right. It's fixable, but the boy is bummed.

Me: Yeah I bet, but he's ok?

Ed: Yes, now I need to go. Call you later. Love you. Bye.

A few minutes later, Anthostein called me (his Dad made him) and informed me he was ok. What a start to the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man that's horrible poor Anthostein! Thank goodness he wasn't going very fast. :(

    ReplyDelete