Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Catching Up

Ok, So I haven't been blogging much. I could say it's cuz I'm way busy with the various "phases" of the renovations (which is true,sort of), or I could say I'm tired, or I could say I forgot, or I could say I'm drunk.....But the honest truth is that after reading some of the luxiourious adventures of my fellow bloggers my life seems...well....dull.

Although a recent conversation with Beckatang might apply in this instance:

Me: Hi. Whatcha doin?

BT:Why you gotta know? The real question is what are YOU doing? (again, suspicious of others activities)

Me: What's up your butt? I was just asking what you were doing to be polite. I really don't give a rat's ass.

BT: Sorry. I am upset about my candy dish....AGAIN

Me: Ummmmmmm....what?


BT: Ok, so I got this candy dish and I put candy in it. Then some friends came over and ate the candy. This means I have to go buy MORE candy. Now, here's the problem with that...do I get the SAME kind of candy in the hopes that the same people will eat it, do I get what I like and hope no one else eats it or do I go cheap and get what's on sale? Now, if I go the buy the same stuff route, they are liable to think I bought it for them and keep coming back to mooch more which means I'll have to take on a second job to support their candy habit. If I go and get something only I like, I could offend someone, or worse yet they will see my choice in candies and think I am weird for liking that kind. If I go cheap. well....let's just say it will end with yelling and tears.

Me: Wow.

BT: yes, having a candy dish is a heavy responsibility.

Me: So, throw it out.

Bt: But I paid 4 dollars for it.

ME: ok, then put it in your closet or somethin.

BT: and then when they come back and see it gone they will think I got upset they ate the candy and that I took the dish away when they knocked on the door...hurt feelings!

Me: Well, I got nothin.

BT: Who knew a candy dish would be so damn stressful?

Me: UMMM...yeah...listen I gotta go, Talk to you later!

At that point I hung up the phone, made myself a drink and realized that this blog is becoming my own personal candy dish....I don't want to be boring, but yet my life has a lot of boredom in it...Hopefully Ican put together enough interesting tidbits to keep everyone interested......I'm tired ...good night.



1 comment:

  1. LOL!! I love Beckatang! She's funny.

    BTW: Hi Beckatang!

    Ms. Brenda you are not boring, I enjoy your blog immensely :)

    *Bon Don*

    ReplyDelete