Saturday, January 31, 2009

Late Night Happenings on the Tundra

In an effort to streamline and un-clutter my life, I decided to go through my closet and get rid of all the clothes that
a) don't fit
b) are out of style
c) make me say "what was I thinking?!?"
d) all of the above
Ok, perhaps the fact that I had spent like 2 hours watching "What Not To Wear" had a little influence as well. Some of those people SERIOUSLY needed help!

ANYWAY........While I did manage to come up with quite a few items to take to the Salvation Army, and I was even able to go from 38 pairs of shoes to 19 (I KNOW!!AMAZING for me to do that! ) , I didn't even start this endevour until after 830 Pm, so that meant I was still up (actually finishing up) when Ed got home from work at like 1130PM. (He works nights, I work days and if we are lucky, we see other for like 2 minutes during the week...damn Government! )

While Ed was changing out of his uniform, he says that on his way home he was thnking that we hadn't gone out for breakfast at midnight in a LONG time (actually it has been like 5 years) and so I reminded him it's probably because I get up at 4 am to go to work and that might be why. So we decided that we were going to go to breakfast.

Now I was surprised by the number of people out at that hour here in the old people capital of the universe, and by the fact that there were people that were walking about at that hour. Kinda scary people, but people none the less.

We had decided to go to the "new" IHOP. Actually they just moved into a new building across town, which is good cuz the old one was ghetto. So we drive to IHOP to find that they had just closed. With heavy hearts, and empty bellies, we then proceeded to Denny's (not Belltower, the OTHER one, Himbo) On our way there, we were passed by a woman who was in a BIG hurry to get somewhere and so was driving like a bat out of hell (where did that expression start...I must research that later....hmmm...) When suddenly I heard a very loud noise and about 100 yards in front of us, the woman had come to an abrupt stop. It was then that one of Hemet's finest was coming up from the other direction, flipped a bitch and lighted up the scene with his pretty red and blues. I thought that the woman had hit the curb, but when we got closer, we saw the other car. Also we saw the woman stumble out of her car in her halter top and heels (cute shoes, btw) and start arguing with the other driver. Ed said he thinks the woman saw the cop, and panicked and overcorrected while changing lanes (cuz she had just passed us and was changing lanes again) and hit the other car. Good thing for the other driver that their witness is a cop, cuz drunk crazy lady was sure trying to make it the other person's fault....

Then we went to Denny's, had eggs, pancakes and coffe, went home and passed out. And how was YOUR night?

Beckatang!

1 comment:

  1. Desert drama!! Wooo hooo

    I love midnight breakfast... we always sneak out whenever we can!


    .... Beckatang.

    ReplyDelete