Friday, January 9, 2009

How much the rooms is?

Just to give all my blog-friends a peek into my work day, the following is an ACTUAL call I had on Thursday:

Me: Thank you for calling (insert hotel name here). This is Brenda. What city and state can I help you with today?

Her: Yeah, how much your rooms is? (I SWEAR!)

Me: What city and state is the Hotel in that you would like rates for?

Her: I don't wanna make no reservation, I jus wanna know how much the rooms is

Me: I would be glad to help you with the information you want, but I need a bit more information from you to do so. We have Hotels all over the world and they are all at diffrent rates. If you can just tell me WHERE you would like to stay, I will be glad to tell you how much the room would be.

Her: I tol you, I don't want no reservation, jus tell me how much the rooms is.

Me: I would be glad to, but I need more information from you. Where is the Hotel you would like rates for?

Her :Look, I jus wanna know how much the rooms is. Why won't you tell me? Its your job, ain't it?

Me: Yes, and I would be glad to help you, but you haven't given me enough information to help you.

Her: Bitch!
And with that, she hung up.

Now keep in mind the people sitting around me can hear my side of the conversation and pretty much can tell what's being said. When I turn to my "friends" for some emotional support and I tell them some of the conversation, they are trying hard to not fall out of their chairs from laughing so hard. Now I ask you, is it any surprise that I took a personal break, logged off, called them all dirty names and went to the break room for some chocolate therapy?

Upon returning from my break, I found my "friends" (and I use that term VERY loosely, I can assure you) still giggling and Pork Chop ( not what her mama named her) turns to me and with a serious face says to me

PC:Brenda, can you help me with something? I have a guest on hold and I need help answering his question."

Me: Sure, what's up?

PC: Well, he needs to know HOW MUCH THE ROOMS IS!!!!!

Upon which she falls off her chair in gales of laughter, so I kick her in the side and go to my seat.
OK, not really, I actually couldn't help laughing and then managed to get thru the rest of the day without hurting anyone. Sometimes the people I work with manage to help me keep my sanity.......and if you have ever met them,(and Himbo, you have) you would be as scared as I am by that statement........

4 comments:

  1. You guys deal with all the crazy stuff all day, you poor thing!

    Just load up on the chocolate!

    *Bon Don*

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO! I just saw this post, don't know how I missed it but it was hilarious! Don't tell anyone but I sorta miss some of the crazy time from good ol' call center.

    -Himbo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So now really, How much your rooms IS?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why didn't you tell her how much the rooms is? This is Porkity Choppity and I can verify the story is true.

    ReplyDelete